Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August 21, 2012

Hi everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to give you an update! Here's the last e-mail I've received from Caitlin:


Week 5

Thanks so much for the email! I loved hearing about your trip!!!! It sounded like so much fun! When I get back i want to come too! You guys are the best! Thank you so much for always writing me and thinking about me! I really appreciate. Also, let me know if there is anything in particular you want to hear about in the email or letter. I might leave some things out, so just let me know.
 
So every Sunday we get to watch "music and the spoken word". I love it so much!! Last week they sang "consider the Lilies" and it reminded me of grandma a little bit! Also, Joseph, I don't know if you have seen this mormon message or not yet, but you HAVE to watch it. It's called "Sanctify Yourselves". It is soooooo good!!!!!! WATCH IT!
 
Mom, I know you just sent a package, and it doesn't have to be now but just before we leave, Sister Evans was saying how she always wanted a composition notebook because she always sees then in American movies but they don't have them in New Zealand. So if you have the chance and are going to send me a package within the next four weeks, then could you possibly send me that for her please? Thank you soooo much! Also thank you so much for the packages that you guys always send! They are so fun to get! We drank sparkling cider last night to celebrate p-day eve.. hahaha
 
Our goal for our companionship has been trying to stay on task and focus. We have a really hard time with that, but we have been doing a lot better!! So yesterday I was reading in my study journal, sharing what I had studied that morning, and I can across this sentence, "But I need to focus on the" and there wasn't an end to it. We were laughing so hard because I was writing about staying focused on something and I wasn't focused. It was so funny!!! I wish I knew what I was going to write... Oh well ;)
 
Also, last week I slept talked again! But this time I had a conversation with my kasama. She thought I was awake. I guess I kept saying that we need to figure out what to study for personal study and she was like do you want me to close the blinds? Then I said, hindi (no) we just need to figure out what to study! It was so funny! I don't remember any of it. But the next morning mga kasama ko (my companions) were telling me what happened and I was laughing so hard I started crying. Its seriously was so funny, this little blurb doesn't give it justice.
 
So I meet sometimes with one of the teachers to do my language study plan, just because I need a little extra help. He is so helpful and gives me really great ideas! But last week he came in to check up on me and how my study plan was going and how everything was going. It was going well, but I was having a hard time remembering the words that I had studied like a couple days before. He asked why that would be like that. And it was obviously because I wasn't using them. So then he challenged me to be 100% SYL (speak your language). I was so nervous, but I said yes!! That was on Thursday and by 6 that night, I was so tired I thought I was going to fall asleep standing up! It took it out of me. But each day gets a little better. We always have a dictionary with us. It is incredible how fast we have learned and how much we already know! I still need to work a lot, and I still don't know a lot, but it is suprising how much I do know. It is pretty cool!
 
So, I saw Rachel as she was getting to the MTC. It was so nice to see her, but it made me a little sad because she has just seen at least you Dad. But she said hi to me for you and it made me so happy! She is so great! I have seen her a lot which has been really nice. Also I have seen Micheal a couple times and he is actually roommates with two elders in my district. Also I have seen Jenny Jones. She is seriously the best!! It is always so great seeing her! I feel like she always knows exactly the right thing to say to me.
 
Ahhh I feel like I have so much more to say, but so little time! The District above us is leaving next week!! That means that we are going to be one of the old districts. (there were three that came in with us). Next week there are going to be 37 new missionaries in our zone. It is going to be craziness!!! This has gone by so fast! I can't believe we are about to get our travel plans!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH so crazy!!!!
 
So I should probably wrap this up, but this church is so true. Everytime I read the scriptures or study, or anything it is confirmed to me. I have been noticing the word "diligence" in the scriptures. It is everywhere! And it's always after somebody was diligenct, they were blessed. And I know that is true. If we are diligent, the Lord will bless us!
Alam ko po na makakapagbigay po ang Alak ni MOrmon ng malakas sa amin. Alam ko po na salita no Diyos and Aklat Ni Mormon at nagsalin po si Joseph Smith ng Aklat ni Mormon sa pamamagitan ng Diyos. Alam ko po na nagbayad-sala po si Jesucristo para sa mga kasalanan natin. Alam ko po na totoo po ang Simbahan ni Jesucristo at mahal tayo ng Diyos. I love this church and know it's true! Thank you for everything that you do for me! You guys are the best! I love you so much!
 
Mahal Kita
 
Sister Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment