Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Last Week in the MTC!


Everybody! Caitlin only has one more week in the MTC! If you wanted to write to her while you're there, do it ASAP! :)   Here's her latest e-mail to her family:
Kumusta pamilia ko!!!!! Ok your Tagalog is great! You basically know as much as I do! Jokelong.... pero talaga (but seriously) btw I have a spanish key board again, so wish me luck on this email....
 
It sounds like you all are doing great!! I am so happy for Marshal for passing the test! And Jesse, but I think I already said that to him. Well you guys are the best and I think about you a lot! Today was our last time going to the temple for a while and I am a little sad. I kind of started to cry when we got there... I´´m turing into Mom.... But it was amazing as usual. I know I will be able to go in Manilla before I leave so that will be really cool. I will just have to wait a little bit for it. To answer some questions, mainly for mom, I am good with money, I have plenty I think. I got the dearelder yesterday, so thank you. If you have time, I kind of want a new pair of crocs. The ones that we bought together like the ballet flats and have the holes kind of in the back. Mine are all stretched out, so like probably a size 7, But if you dont have time, then don´´t worry about it. I´´m totally fine. Thank you so much! When we got our travel plans, one of the things I said was ¨¨Airport cinnamon rolls! Booya!¨¨ Great minds think alike I guess. So it was so exciting when we got our travel plans! We opened them as a district and basically all freaked out!!!!!!!! So we leave here around 4 thirty on monday. Then we´´ll fly to LA. from LA we go to Hong Kong. Hong Kong to Manilla then a threeish hour bus drive to Baguio.... So a lot of traveling. I can call you so I´´ll probably call at salt Lake or La... Depending on time and stuff. I dont think I¨¨ll have any time in Hong Kong because we only have an hour between our flights. But maybe Manilla, I am not sure. But for sure once in the states.
 
Ok there are two videos I want you guys to watch on the lds.org. First is ¨¨Arise¨¨ it is the youth theme song right now. Go to the youth page and type in arise in the search bar and it should be the first movie. Second movie is ¨¨Have I done any good¨¨ It is SOOOOO GOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!! on lds.org go to resources tab, then video, audio, imagaes, click on videos, then on the right side there is a list of all these things, click on mormon channel stories and it should be the first one that comes up. It is with Alex Boye and some girl. But it is awesome!
 
So yesterday we were teaching and we asked our investigator if she had any questions before she got baptised and she asked like how it happens. So we were ezplainging to her how it happened. But non of us knew how to say pool or faunt. So I said ¨¨quarto ng tubig¨¨ which means a room of water. In the lesson we were laughing soooo hard!!!! Then when we got back to class, our teacher told everybody and we were laughing so hard again!!!! And best of all, guess what pool or faunt is in Tagalog? Pool, or faunt..... Oh boy. But it was so funny! Last week we had TRC which is where members come and act like themselves and we teach them. So we were teaching this lady and she was so sweet. Her parents are from the Philippines, but she is from California, and she knows Tagalog. The spirit was so strong in the lesson. It was so cool. Some of the time we didn´´t know what she was saying, but it was really cool to be able to feel the spirit that stong in another language. It was a really special experience. ç
 
I cant believe I am almost done with the MTC! AHHH it´´s so crazy! I have absolutely loved it here. It has been such a great experience! Joe when you come here just embrace it and love it, because it really is the best! Always have a positive attitude and work hard! I am a little nervous, but who isn´´t when they are going to another country to live. I know it is going to be so awesome!!!! I really can´´t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Well I hope you are doing well and staying busy. Thank you for all the letters you send me all the time. I might try and get on later today and send some pictures. YOu can do that from the laundry room so I might try and figure it out. Well I love you, sorry this doesnt have much Tagalog in it, I am running out of time! Mahal na mahal ko kayo! Totoo ang Simbahan at Aklat ni Mormon. Buhay sina Jesucristo and Thomas S. Monson. Magandang Hapon!
 
Sister Palmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment