Hello Family!!! How is everybody doing?? Wow I have been typing up a storm today, I think the keyboard is going to break in half. I will answer more questions in a letter, so I hope you remember your questions because it'll be in a couple of weeks. haha. I am just glad that you get the letters :) Well things here are good. I took notes during the week so I wouldn't forget to tell you guys some important detail of my day, like what they do when people die. They have wakes. But it is intersting. They set up a tent in the street which is just outside there house. In one room the is the coffin, and then they have videoake (?spelling) which is just karaoke. and people just sit and sing and eat. For about a week or so. It is pretty interesting. haha They have videoke everywhere!!!! It is the thing to do here! They have ice cream men here, but they ride around on little bikes with a huge box carrier thing on the side. You always know when they're coming becuase of their little jingle. It's the best. I haven't gotten ice cream from them yet, but I did eat ice cream for the first time here the other day. And it was delicious! Like ice cream always is haha. So something that is interesting is what they eat. I haven't really beens erved anything super disgusting yet, but they other day we were talking to this lady and she was cutting chicken feet...... I couldn't stop staring at it. Wow it was gross. They cut off the finger nails and stuff. I guess it's delicious. Maybe I'll be able to try that while I am here. They call it adidas, because of the shoes.... Gross huh? Ahh I am running out of time and there is so much I want to say, so I will say it in my letter. But it was funny that mom talked about starts because I was thinking about them last night. Star in Tagalog is bituin, pronounced "between". I think that is really intersting. I feel like the starts are just between us and Heaven. But at the same time Heaven is so close. Like Grandma Palmer, Grandpa Colt, and Connie, I feel them close. The people on the other side are helping us. The stars are so beautiful. I know that we all have a purpose and Heavenly Father is mindful of all of us. That was confirmed last night with the beautiful sky. Heavenly Father knew that I would need that at the end of each day, and beautiful sunset and he gave it to me. He knows each one of us!!!!!!! I hope you all remember that and remember him always. Conference was so good yesterday and Saturday. My favorite talk was Marcus B. Nash. He shared my favorite song and favorite scripture. We need to have faith and show the lord we are willing the follow him. That is the most important thing we can do in this life. I love you guys so much. This church is so true! Thomas S Monson is a true prophet and guides this church today through revelation from Christ. I love this church so much and the happiness it gives to everybody who will heaken unto his word. Thank you all for your example and prayers. I really feel them and the strength they give me each day. Thank you so much! I love you all soooooooo much! More than words can describe. Thank you for everything! have a great week! More to come, in like two weeks..... haha from a letter. Love you all!Love Sister PalmerPs. If you send a Christmas package, can you send me one more white wonder tee please? Thank you so much! xoxoxoxxoxoxo
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
October 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment