Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 21, 2012


Hello Family! How are you guys doing?? How is school and everything? Holy cow I can't believe that it is October already, and actually October is almost over... Holy cow! That is so cool to hear about all the sisters that are preparing for missions. I was reading Jacob 5 today and it talks about how if the righteous get stronger in the last days the Lord is going to take care of the wicked. I may have forgotten the exact words, and maybe I interpreted it wrong, but I feel with the lowering of the age for missions it is enabling the youth to be stronger. I love it. I know this work and church is true and it is only though this gospel that we can be truly happy. I love it so much. This week was a little challenging, but it is ok. We all have challenging weeks. We did a lot of walking. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT! Thursday, Friday and Saturday was basically all walking. The hearts of the people here are kind of hard. Our first and last appointment on Saturday was at 7:30 pm..... But it's ok. At least we were able to teach one person. He is one of our investigators. He didn't really seem interesting before, but on Saturday he had questions for us, and really seemed interested. So that made us really happy. It was a good way to end the day. They language is ok. It is slowly, slowly coming. But sure enough, it's coming.  Oh last week I was reading in 2 Nephi 9:51 and it says we will "delight is fatness". It reminded me of when Jesse came home from his mission and said that we are all going to be fat and happy. It was pretty funny! I guess that I just need to remember that here. Everybody says that I am going to gain weight because of the rice. It hasn't hit me yet, the weight gain, so maybe I'll be fortunate and not gain weight..... Haha, we'll see though. 

Sometimes the people here will say something in english, but we pronounce our letters different, so I will have no idea what they are saying. One of the words is graham. They pronounce it "grey-ham". They have a dessert here that is really yummy, its graham crackers with like cream or something layered they fruit and coconut jelly cubes on the top. It is really good. But I had no idea what they were saying. So I just ate it. About half way through I realized that it was graham what they were trying to say. It was really funny. The food here is really yummy. This morning for breakfast we ate noodles, like ramen noodles and it reminded me of Aunt Kathleen how she would eat chicken noodle soup for breakfast all the time. The other day we drank a Mountain Dew and it was so yummy. I think they are better here than back in the states... sorry Marshal!. I also tried corn nuts here, which were really good too! Yum. I am really hungry right now, so food is on my mind... haha. 

So for Christmas our mission is putting together a slide show of all of us. We each needed to take a picture of us with three words that has to do with the gospel. So on Thursday we took out picture. We got all ready, I even curled my hair and everything,. The second we walked outside I was dripping with sweat. It was probably the hottest day since we have been here. Holy cow I thought I was going to die! Then we have to ride in a tryke so my hair was out of control! But we took the pictures, and I think they turned out ok. Hopefully at least. But we seriously were so sweaty! It was really funny. After I put my hair in a pony and it was like all wet I was sweaty. gross huh?? 

It is harvest season now so there aren't a lot of people home. They are all out during the day. I think that is why it's been so hard for us. Even the people who might want to listen to us are gone, so it's been hard. But ok. At the end of each day it feels like the end of a disney land day. You know when you are so tired and your feet hurt, the only thing you want to do is sleep for hdays....... That's how it is. Also I will put my astringent on my face with a cotton ball and it reminds me of Zoolander because I get so dirsy walking on the streets all day with the wind blowing. It is pretty funny. 

So I have talked a lot, like usual. But I will try and send pictures this week. It didn't work last time so hopefully this time. Last week I wrote a really really long letter but I haven't been able to send it yet. Hopefully this week. I also wrote one to Grandma for her birthday but it probably won't get to her until way after. So just let her know that I'm thinking of her. You guys are the best. I love you so much. Thank you for all that you do for me. I know this church is true and God is helping us. We need to be obedient and help build up his kingdom. He loves us all so much and cares about us so much. Thank you for everything you do. I love you guys all so much! You are the best! Love you!

Love Sister Palmer

P.S. I might take some money out of my account. So don't be alarmed. xoxoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment