Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 14, 2013


Hello my wonderful family!!!!!!!!! So now it is April, I hope that it is warming up a little bit there. I wish we could send some of this heat to you guys, but I guess for the time being we will just soak it up!!!!!! So this week was pretty good. We were able to watch conference which was awesome!!! I felt like it was so fast though, I didn't want it to end, and then it was over..... But there were so many great things that we said. I think Elder Holland is my favorite. I could really feel his love for us. He just wants us to be good and be obedient. Even if we think we don't have the faith for it, he said that we could use his. That was such an amazing act of charity because sometimes we get discouraged, but a prophet of God said that we can use his faith until we gain our own. I know that by just believing and acting, that is when faith grows. But there were a ton of other things that I learned at conference. But really just how important it is to do the simple commandments so that satan won't have power over us. This morning I read in Alma 49 about how Moroni and his people had prepared the city. Amalekiah thought that it was their weak part because before it was. But my favorite line in verse 4 "but behold, how great was their disappointment". Hopefully that is the reaction of Satan when he tries to tempt us. I want that to be his reaction when he tries to tempt me. That from doing the simple commandments everyday that he doesn't have power over me. In a later verse I think verse 11 it says that the blood of the men of Amalikiah wasn't important to them. That is how we are with Satan. We aren't important to him. He just wants to win, for his own glory and he is willing to take whoever down with him, for his own glory. but happy for us we know the end of his story and we can get hope from that. So this week I hope we have the attitude that we hope Satan will be greatly disappointed because of our righteous choices this week.

So can any one believe that it is April?? I sure can't. My 9 month mark is this Friday....... Huh? I can't believe that my mission is half way complete. It feels like I just got here, but on the other hand, I have learned so much and am so grateful for that. Also thank you for the birthday wishes!!! I think a birthday away from home is more sad than christmas. But I am surrounded by some really really great people here. So it will still be happy and I wills till be thinking of you guys. SO thank you a ton!

We had another cool experience of prayer this week. Two weeks ago we went to a less actives house and just the mom and one daughter was there. But we asked if we could teach them anyways and they accepted. Usually the mom is a little cold to us but this night she was super friendly. At the end of the lesson we asked if there was anything we could help her with. She told us about her son that has a job but he doesn't come home. He just sleeps at his friends house. She said that she misses him a lot and asked us to pray for him. So we included them in our prayers. That sunday they all came to church, except the son. But we were so happy that they were all there. Then that next thursday we went to their house and guess who was there?? Their son! I have been in this area for almost 5 months and this was my first time to meet him. I know that because they went to church and we all prayed for him, he came back. So it was a really cool experience.

My time is almost up, but I have a quick funny story that I think you will all appreciate. So the other day we were in companionship study. And I think it was my turn to share what I had learned in personal study and sister Alibogha said "ok sister Palmer it's your turn to shine". So i thought it was pretty funny, so this week we have been saying it back and forth to each other. Yesterday we were at church and Sister Alibogha was going to go to the bathroom. Before she went into the stall she said to me "Ok sister, It's my time to shine now!", Oh man I was laughing soooooooooooo hard!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now that is what we always say "It's my time to shine". So I hope that you have a "time to shine" this week. I love you all so much. I know that this is the true church of God. We have a living Prophet on this earth. This church is perfect, because it is God's church. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love you all so much and hope you have a truly fantastic week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep being awesome! Mahal ko kayo!!!!!

Sister Palmer 

No comments:

Post a Comment