Hello Po family!!! How are you all doing? I loved recieving your emails and hearing of your testimonies of Christ. They are truly beautiful. I started tearing up!! (Yes I am turning into mom in that matter...... My tear ducts always seem to be wet). My companion and I didn't even realized that it was Easter, until our bishop texted us and said happy easter. But it was perfect timing because I had just read Matthew ano, 25 or 26. Where Christ's antones for us, and then before where Judas hangs himself. I never had realized that Judas hung himself. So yes again I started to cry or tear up because of the saddness for Judas and then the pain and anguish of Christ. I am still amazed that even though it was so hard, he still did it. He did it all for us. I am truly humbled with his example and sacrifice for us.
SInce it is still harvest season, a lot of people are busy. So like teusday and wednesday we didn't have a lot of lessons. I was feeling a little discouraged. But then I remembered about faith. The goals that we set every day come from the Lord, they are what he wants us to accomplish for that day. So Friday. Saturday, and Sunday I had faith and not doubt. Sometimes when we need to go to a far area and the fair is expensive, I think "will they even be there". But Friday, sat and sunday I just thought "Oh they will be there!" SOmetimes they weren't there, but the Lord always guided us to somebody that was there so that we could help them. I was truly amazed how amazing faith is. If we are just believing then things will work out. I am in the book of Alma right now about Ammon and Alma and their faith. It is so incedible. If we continue to be believing and doubt not, then we can have that kind of faith.
A couple of weeks ago we went to one of our investifators house. She is always either sleeping, or has been drinking or isn't there. So we decided to go to her house one more time and see if she was there, and she was asleep. So we decided to go to a ladies house that we had met a couple of weeks ago. She has a store and so she was there, but her daughter who is about 30 let us in. We ended up teaching her and it was really good. We set a return appointment for her, and extended a baptismal date. She accepted. But she hadn't come to church yet. Then she said that she would come, but relief society lang. SO yesterday she wasn't in relief society..... We were kind of sad. But then we went to sacrament meeting and guess who was sitting there with her kids waiting for sacrament to start?? SIster Guvy!!!!!!!!!! We were seriously so excited. I know that the Lord is helping us with this work, and that he places people in our paths. They might notbe the person we were looking for, but the person the Lord wants us to find will always be there if we are listening to the promptings of the spirit and are obedient. There were a lot of experiences like that this week, that we would be looking for somebody or going to somebodies house and they wouldn't be there, but there was always somebody else that was there and willing and ready for this great message.
Anyways, this week has been good. SIster Alibogha is great. We laugh a lot which is the best because you all know how I love laughing. I know that this church is true. This is God's church here on the earth. I am so grateful for Christ's sacrifice for us. Because of the Atonement we all have the enabling power to do all things, if we have faith. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. There are a lot of people that try and tamper the name of our church and the name of Joseph Smith, but that ju shows how hard Satan is working to bring down the church of God. But like Joseph said about America, is true for this church, Satan can't destroy this church or this work from progressing. I know this is true with all my heart. I hope you all had a great Easter!!!! :) I love you all so much. Have a great week and keep being strong. The Lord will support us through everything. Love you all!!!!!
Love, Sister Palmer
No comments:
Post a Comment