Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013


Hello Family. How are you all doing?? I hope that you have all had a great week. Thank you for your emails to me. You guys are the best. Sorry that I don't have time to write you back individually, but I'll try. This week has been good. We had a tri-zone conference. Elder and Sister Nielson of the General Area Presidency did a mission tour of our mission. It was really great. They said so many great things that really helped me stay motivated even through hard times. One thing I learned is to find holiness in all things. We need to look for it. I know that if we do we will be happy because we can see how the Lord's hand is in everything. 

So this is probably my last week in Urdaneta. I have a feeling that I am going to be transferred. And let me just tell you I am really sad. I think I have cried a lot in the past few days because of this. I can't even imagine how it's going to be when my mission is over. I am going to miss the people so much here, as in. And especially SIster Alibogha. She is like my best friend and now we are getting separated. I feel like that happens a lot in life, but we just need to keep on smiling and always remember the people we meet. I know that this life is so short and we will see each other again on the other side. 

Today we had a zone activity. We did the amazing race. It was really fun!!! But soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot! I thought I was going to die. We were all running around with out an umbrella. Lets just say we all looked like we had been swimming, but really it was just our sweat...... mmmmm yummy. But it was really fun, even though we got last place..... hahaha

So there is a family here that has 6 kids. And they are crazy! At church they are always everywhere!!!! So last week there was a baptism (child of record) in our ward. Sister A and I sat down and little by little the kids came by us too. Oh boy!!!!!! Was that fun. The whole time we were trying to get them to sit down and be quiet. I think we got a little taste of what it's like being a mom. But they are really cute. There's just a lot of them and they are always everywhere!

Our work is going ok. We haven't had a baptism since Feb and it is really sad. We have been working hard and trying to find the elect that are ready for this message. We just need to keep looking. I know that this is the only way to find true happiness in life. Even though sometimes peoples agency is frustrating, I know that it is the only way to show God that we truly love him, is through our actions. We just need to do everything that we can to give them opportinities in this life and it is their choice if they reject it or not. 

Sorry if this is kind of scattered. I am a little tired from our escapade earlier. Thank you for all that you do for me. I got the pictures that mom sent me. You all look great and all grown up! (The little ones). I love you all so much. I know that this church is true. It is god's kingdom on the earth and it is our responsibility to build it up on the earth. We are making a fat feast for the poor. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior. Thank you all for everything. I love you all so much. Have a great week!!!!!! 

Sister Palmer 

No comments:

Post a Comment