Hello family!!! How is my dakilang family doing??? I hope you are all doing well. It was so great to talk to you last week. It was super short though. But I am glad I was able to see everybody, except the Jesse's because they were out partying on the beach...... ;)But this week has been good. Obviously i got transferred two weeks ago. so that was a change. I was very much area sick. But that's ok. it is wearing off over time. My companion is great. She kind of doesn't really know Tagalog....... so we are having a fun time. it has been a little bit to adjust to, but we have been doing great. She can still conect with the people even if she doesn't know hwat they are saying. So we had a baptism last Saturday. It was a 13 girl named Wenzly. i would send pictures but i don't have my camera. SO next week na lang. But the baptism was a success, and we are so happy for her! She is such a great girl and has such a strong testimony.So our area is MALAYO!!!!!!!!!!! or that means very very big! And we walk a ton, because fare is expensive... hehe. But it is ok. i'm just working on my figure.... haha. So that has been an adjustment becuase my last area wasn't too big. It was big, but not as big as this. But it has still been fun. I have meet a lot of great people already and things just keep progressing. We had district conference (we are in a branch in a district) this past weekend. It was really great. A 70 came. They are from here. It was really cool to hear his conversion and how he progressed from 19 years old meeting the missionaries to now, a general authority. It just goes to show the potential that we have if we apply the teachings of the church and how much the Lord loves us. I learned a lot from them.So the other night we walked into our apartment and it smelled sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!! We were like what the heck is the smell. So we moved all the furnature because maybe there was a dead something, but we couldn't find anything. So then i think it was the next day I was in the kitchen cooking and the other sisters called out. We went into our living room and guess what had happened????????? Sister Bonifacio had sitten on a mouse and squished it. So yes we had a dead mouse squished into our couch...... it was soooooooooo gross!!!!!!! So that was the source of teh awful stench. We were laughing pretty hard. So that was basically my week, plus or minus a few details. I hope you are all doing well and keeping strong. One thing i learned at district conference is that it all starts in the family. We need to be doing daily scripture study as a fam and daily fam prayer in order to be strong in the gospel. If we don't want our family to get off the path, that is what we will do. I love the verse in D&C123:17. After we do ALL we can, sit still. Watch what the Lord will do with our lives after we do all we can. I hope you guys have a great week. I know you will because you are only 5 hours away from "HOLY MOLY". Lucky! (Napoleon Dynamite voice). I know that this church is true. The heavens are open and God is trying to communicate with us. We just need to open our ears to here the precious words he is trying to tell us. I love you all so much. mahal na mahal ko po kayo. Magingat kayo diyan. Palangga taka.Sister Palmer
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
May 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment