Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013

Hello my dearest Family! How are you all doing?? Maybe we'll have a new member of our fam this week! Or maybe next week! Wow that is so exciting!!!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! I hope you guys have fun hunting this week. One quick thing that you guys will think is funny. There are turkies that live next to our house and they always make that gobbling noise. It reminds me of Joseph when he would do the gooble noise while watching the hunting channel. I always think of him when they make their sound. it is so funny! 

So we had transfers. I didn't get transfered, but my companion did. She went to Dagupan. And my new companion is Sister Gonzales. She is really loud. I am trying to adjust . It has been interesting. We actually lived in the same house so a transfer a while ago..... But it is different being companions with somebody. So anyways, that's how things are going here. 

Last Sunday I got kind of sick, then by monday I could like barely move. It got really bad while I was emailing, so sorry if my email last week was lame. So in short we didn't work mon-wed. because of my sickness. That was the first time I had taken a sick day my whole mission. But it was ok. I can walk now and all I have is a cough. So we are all happy again! 

The other missionaries in our ward had a really big area, and ours was really small so with the transfers, we re-alligned our area. So now our area is a lot bigger. But there are some investigators in the far areas which is good. The only hard thing is the fare getting to church. Sometimes they can't pay.... So that is the only hard thing. But this week was good. We were able to meet some new people and get to know better the bishop. Right now we need to strenghten the members as wel as find new investigators so that this ward will be strong. So basically that is all that is going on here. Just finding and teaching. Something that I read this morning was really intersting. It's about Christ being our shepherd. I didn't know this but shepherd know each of their sheep and a lot of time they have names for their sheep and they are willing to give their lives for their sheep. That is why christ is our shepherd because we each have a name, he knows us, we know him if we follow him, and he gave his life for us. It was so special reading about the shepherd's and how they are. I know that Christ is our shepherd and he loves us so much. This is his church and kingdom on this earth. I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week!!!! 

Sister Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment