Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012


Hello Family!!!! Kumusta??
Everything here is good. Just been super busy. I got all of your letters last week. They were so awesome! Thank you! Tell Grandma I just sent her a letter last week, and I will get another one off probably next week. Also I sent the letter to you guys too. So be excited.. Jk I don't even know what I wrote any more, because I wrote it so long ago haha. But it'll be exciting! Lots of details for you mom. You all look great it the pictures! Looks like you are having fun! I hope Grandma's birthday was good. And Dad's party was fun! Last week there was a holiday, All Saints day, and All Souls Day. Since there is always a lot of drinking so we had to be in our apartment at six for the first and second. It was pretty fun. We just talked and ate some food and like looked through our area book. Just the usual fun activities. But it was a nice little break. Last week we had transfers. So you know what that means?? I've been here for one whole transfer, or six weeks. Starting my seventh week now. I am a little sad because after this transfer it means that my training is over, which means that Sister Sandoy and I will be seperated.... :( Makes me a little sad, and right before Christmas too. So it's going to be a little hard, but it"ll be ok. Change is good, right? Speaking of change, I really wish Romney will be president.... Like really! Also some member told me of the big baguio or storm over there on the east coast. I hope everything is ok. I heard people died too. Sad!

So last week was Sister Allens last week here, she got transferred, so we had lunch at a members house after our studied, before weekly planning. They made sweet and sour pork. Holy cow it was delicious!!!!!! But guess what?? I ate a piece of pork and it had some fat on it, so I politely spit it our and guess what else it had on it? Little pig hairs. Yes I had the skin and everything in my mouth! Little pig hairs and all. Wow it was weird. And then they made us this sticky rice thing. It was kind of like mexican rice, or the same flavor. But it had like peices of meat in it too. And liver. Yes I ate liver too. It was interesting. Good, but not on my top faves yet.

So also, Sister Sandoy said that my sleep talking has returned. I was teaching a lesson in my sleep the other night, in Tagalog. It was pretty funny. She said that she was dreaming about teaching and she kind of woke up to hear me teaching too. I guess we are just synced now.... jajaja. But it was pretty funny.

Also something cool happened last night. We were in our furthest area. A member has a tryck and he was working with us, so we decided to go there, becuase usually it's expensive for us. We had planned to teach a less active member. He is an rm about 31 years old. We went to his house and he wasn't there. His dad (I think it is his dad) said that he was out. SOmetimes people are really vague here. Like if you ask them for directions they'll say, diyen long. Which means just over there. So we went out and we were standing by the tryck wondering who else we could visit. I said a little prayer asking that we would be able to find him. We had already been there for a couple of minutes when I said my prayer. And as soon as I closed it, he came walking up. He had been sitting in the dark over by a store and decided to come over. It was so cool. I know the lord answered my prayer and I know he acted on the prompting to come over to us. It was a really neat experience.

Well the time is far spent, there is little remaining.... Can you name that tune? (hint it's a hymn jaja) But I must go. I hope you guys have a great week. Thank you for all that you do for me. I love you all so much!!!!!!!!! This church is true!

Love SIster Palmer
 




No comments:

Post a Comment