Hello Family! How are you guys doing? Looks like the boys had fun on their deer hunt!! A successful year for them! And despite all the crazy foods here, I actually enjoy them, a lot! A member said to me yesterday that I was getting skinny and the other sister missionary that is in our apartment (not my companion) was like, how is she getting skinny? She eats rice everyday? I guess rice make syou gain weight. So I need to watch out for that. But it was pretty funny.
So this week was good. We have really been trying to find people to teach, less actives, and investigators. We went to a new area, or rather gathering of houses, and did preach by the ways there, or just talked to people and shared a quick message. We found a lady who used to take the missionary lessons. So hopefully she is ready now. Last night we were talking to a member. Sister Sandoy and I have really been trying to figure out how we can help these people. They often don't want to listen to us. but the people in Santo Tomas which is in our ward but on the other side of the freeway, they are more accepting over there. So anyways, the member was saying that the dike, or one of the "neighborhoods" in our area is like the slum. So the people in our area are really really poor. and they need to work really really hard in order to provide for their families. Sister Sandoy said to me after we left the members house, that maybe they aren't necessarily hard hearted, they just need to work and feel like they don't have time. They are super busy. We need to show them that through the gospel the Lord will prosper them in the land as well as spiritually. We continue to pray for them day and night.
Last week Bishop's brother died. He was an alcoholic. We went to the wake and Sister Sandoy spoke too. It was just at his house. I saw my first dead person here. It was kind of interesting... Kind of gave me the shivers... but that's ok. After the service we sang hymns. It was cool becuase we were singing hymns and then the people that we above us (we were like on a hill) were gambling, drinking and smoking. It really was so contrast, but it showed where the spirit was. I hope that maybe they felt it too. Hopefully.
The picture that is of me with my three words is in one of our areas. It is San Bartolome. It is so pretty there. There are many rice fields. That's what I am standing in front of. They go on forever. Harvest season just ended, so now the rice fields aren't as green. But it is still really pretty. The pictures of us in our jersey's are outside of our apartment. There is a field with like squash or something there. It is really pretty though. The Dike is also in our area. That isn't as pretty. There are just a bunch of houses. But it is ok. Where I am is kind of like Park City. It isn't a really big city but it isn't like in the middle of no where. It is really pretty.
Well my time is about up. Thank you all for your support and prayers. I love you all so much. This is the true church, and only through this church will we find true happiness. I love you all so much. Thank you for everything!!!!!
Love Sister Palmer
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
November 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment