Hello Family!!! How is everybody doing?? Joseph's story about that guys prayer was so funny!! I was laughing out loud in the internet shop! Looks like you guys enjoyed the warm last week! Looks like so much fun! It was warm here to say the least last week. Since in rained about everyday, it gets like scalding hot. I don't know why, but with the rain comes the heat. As in, it was so hot I would have a water bottle that would be frozen and in our apartment, so we wouldn't even be out in the heat of the sun, my ice would melt with in 20 minutes...... So basically if I wasn't directly in front of an electric fan, I was sweating. So to say the least my hair was basically wet all last week. But it is ok, we survived and it is now back to the normal heat, so we are all happy campers :) And we were happy last week too, just a little hot.So my new companion is great! Even though this is her first area, she already is so talented. I have learned a lot from her. We have a very happy companionship! I have been so blessed with all of my companions. They have all been very great. So it is now harvest season again, which means everybody, as in, everybody is at the bukid, or farm. So to say the least, we got a lot of return appointments this week. But We were still able to find people to teach which was really great. Last sunday our church attendance was very little, and it made me really sad, as in really sad. But yesterday there were more people, which was so happy for me!!!!! We have taught an investigator twice. And after the first lesson she didn't come to church, because she was shy. So we told her that we would pick her up for next Sunday. But when we got to her house she waswashing clothes. That is her job. People here don't really have washing machines, unless you are rich. SO they all wash clothes by hand. But we were sooooooo sad. But she said that she would come to sacrament meeting. So we hoped for the best and said a prayer that she and her family would. So sacrament meeting rolls around and wala sila. Or they weren't there. So we were very sad. But then right before the opening song they all walk in, her and her family. Sister Alibogha and I had the biggest smiles on our faces! After we talked to her and she said that her expecience was very good, it was hard to explain. So we were so happy. Her baptism date is April 27. Her husbad is a member too but they aren't married. So they are going to get married and she is going to get baptised in the same day. I am so happy for them!Other than that things are going well here. Last Monday we had an FHE at a members house. We gave the lesson using a cup and if it is full of water if you put a bottle cap in the cup it will stay in the middle. So the water is to word of god, or basically anything good in our life and the cup is temptation and trials. But if our cup is full of water then we stay in the middle and aways from temptations. It still moves sometimes, and that is the trials and mistakes we make, but because of the Atonement we have the opportinity to change and continually put water in our cups. I hope that makes sense. But at the FHE is was so much fun. We played games after and we were all alughing sooo hard. The kind of laughing where you make funny faces your are laughing so hard. But it just reminded me of our family and how great you guys are. And how great the families here are too and that if we have the spirit how happy we can be. It was such a good experience for me because the week before was a little hard for us, but then just having that FHE with a family and feeling the love of the Savior, it made me realize again that they Savior is always there for us and always gives us happy experiences admists our trials.Anyways family, I love you all soooooo much. I hope you have a great week. Thank you for everything that you do for me. I recieved your card today mom, but haven't read it yet, but it made me so happy. Thank you all for everything. I know this church is true! Heavenly Father knows us and loves us so much. Keep smiling and being happy!!!!! :)Love you, Sister Palmer
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Monday, March 18, 2013
March 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment