Wow, who can believe it's already June!! Wow, ang balis ng panahon. Or wow, time is fast! But seriously. So a couple of weeks ago I gave my usb to an elder here to put music on it for me. So it turns out, he put on EFY music from 1991-2013. So I've been listening to some of the greats from the year I was born! Wow, are those some great songs. It is apparent that they are coming from the 90's haha. But it is pretty funny to listen to. Also, I got my first wound from washing my clothes today. Sometimes the soap is hard and it causes your hands to crack. So that is fun. One of the pleasures of living in the Philippines. I had been using this other soap, but somebody we are teaching said that that causes cracks, so I got a different one. It turns out the different one causes cracks for me. But that is ok. I have one week to recover!So basically this week has been a little rough, but we are still happy. They never said it was going to be easy, they only said it would be worth it. (who said that".... "He"...."He who") But whoever said that was right. "It will all be worth it in the end"-17 Miracles. We got to watch that last week which was pretty great. Anyways I am just rambling now. But it was all worth it on Sunday, because we had a lot of less actives that came to church. And the parents that we had been teaching, brought their children!!!! So YAY! we were so happy. But only one investigator, So I will still a little sad, but I just need to be happy with the miracles.One less active just decided to come to church last week. We always go to his house, but he is asleep. Basically around 2 and 3 everybody is asleep unless they're watching their store or they are in the city. But his wife is always there (they have a little store, so she's watching the store) and we will share to her. She said that last week brother just decided to come to church. Then last saturday we visited them again and brother was at their sons bakery, and he asked where their D&C was so he could read for the lesson in Sunday school. WOW! I know that it is because of the example of his wife that he is coming to church now. I know that these miracles happen all the time. God works in mysterious ways. It may not be the way that we want it to be, I am learning that more and more everyday, but they are happening. I think that something that God has been trying to teach me, is even though there are a lot of trials and hardships, I just need to recognize the miracles and realize God's timing is perfect, and sometimes Sister Palmer's timing isn't.So anyways, I think I have rambled enough to you. Thank you for everything. I hope you guys all have a great week. Sometimes I feel a little discouraged, but I just read about Moroni and he was litterally by himself, and the people that we left wanted to kill him. But all of his friends and loved ones were killed. So that made me realize just how blessed we really are. And even though that was Moroni's situation, he still was faithful, and wouldn't deny the Christ. That is how we need to be. No matter what, we should not deny our testimony of the Savior and the precious things that we know to be true. That is what will bring us happiness.Ok now I am really done. Love you all and have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sister Palmer
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
June 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment