Hello family!!! Guess what today is? My seventh month mark! Can you believe it? Because I sure can't! I still feel like a newbie, but slowly and surely learning my way around this thing called a mission! This saturday I was able to witness my first baptism of somebody that I taught. It was a girl named Mia Rivera (convert- 9yrs old) and Alex (her borther 8 yrs old). Their family was inacitve, but we were able to teach them and now they are baptized members of this great church! I really could see the difference in them after their baptism and when they recieved the holy ghost! It is so crazy the changes that can come upon us through the sacred ordinance of baptism and applying the Atonement in our lives. So this week hopefully we will have another baptism. They need to get married too. So we will have the wedding then the baptism. Today they are just getting the finishing touch up's for the papers. So hopefully everything works out. It has been a real nail biter because they are really poor. And with all their papers it costs money. But we have really seen their faith through this whole process and if it's the will of the Lord this will continue for Saturday. So keep them in your prayers for this week!Yesterday Sister Olila and I spoke in Sacrament meeting. At first they told us ten minutes, but then right before we were about the speak bishop said five minutes lang. So we had to shorten it. But it was good. Sister Olila's talk was on fellowshipping and the importance of it. Mine was on missionary work and I talked about how the members need to be missionaries too, through home teaching and visiting teaching. I feel bad that I wasn't a better member missionary. I have some repenting to do. I just didn't really understand the importance of everything. And I'm not saying that I completely understand now, but I do a little bit more to know that I should have done better.Anyways, I forwarded you that email about the split of our mission!!! That is really exciting! I can't believe that! I wonder what mission I will be in! The suspense is killing me!!!So this is the last week of Sister Olila. She is going home next week. I thought it would be really hard having a companion that is so close to going home, but she has been a great example to me of being focused, so it hasn't been that bad. I bet it is weird though thinking after so long, you're going home. I still have 11 months though to think about that. Time has really gone by so fast though! I can't believe that it is already February!! WOW!Anyways, Thank you all for your prayers and your support. I have been so blessed with such an awesome family!! I can't get over how awesome you guys are. This church is so true! I love it so much. I am turning into mom though, I tear up over everything..... hahaha it is kind of funny. But I know that our Savior lives and that this is his church. There are few of us saints so that is why we need to be stronger than ever and share the gospel so there can be more of us. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I love that book so much. I love you all and am so grateful for you! I hope you have a fantastic week! Love love love!Sister Palmerxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
February 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment