Hello Po Palmer Family! How are you all doing? I hope this week was great for you all!! I'm sure it was so great being able to talk to Joseph!! He is the best! It doesn't surprise me that he was DL in the MTC..... He will do great things! (If anybody can tell me what movie that is from I'll send them a Fudgie Bar.... HAHAHA). Anyways, it is so true though. There are some missionaries that are prepared when the enter the field, and he is definitely one of them!! The pictures of him and his trainer look great!! Just a bunch of 19 year old boys bringing the restored gospel to others! It makes me so happy to see all those new missionaries. This is really where true happiness comes from, from the gospel and sharing it. Dad, I love what our home ward goal is. It really makes me so happy, and I know that that is the Lord's will for our ward. For the Philippines they want every missionary who is going home this year to find a replacement for them in the mission field. And not the low hanging fruits, or the people that are already preparing, but somebody that maybe isn't really active or doesn't have a goal to serve and help them get on a mission. I feel bad that before my mission I didn't do more to help others come unto the gospel, whether less-active or non-members. I know we can all be doing better. And even if we feel our efforts are noticed, I know they are. I think it was mom that said that this is one eternal work. I totally see that right now. We are teaching people that heard the gospel for the first time maybe when they were 10 and now are 42, or just five years ago, but now want to be baptized. Maybe the other missionaries felt like they were a lost cause, but to be honest, they were just planting the seed and like all things there is a season for the hearvest. It may not be right this instant, but when they are ready, we need to make sure that we are ready too to recieve them and help them recieve the gospel. Being here has made me realize the importance of members. I know I probably talk about this all the time, but seriously, they are sooooo important!!!!! The investigators of ours that are really progressing, because they have a friend in the gospel and they can see the blessings of the gospel because of their friends life. Anyways, thank you all for your example and dilligence. I know through our work we are just helping this work progress, however big or small our efforts are, they are important.Oh, I got your card parents or your picture and quote. THANK YOU!!! You guys are the best! It reminds me of six months ago with out snow..... Deja'vu (?sp). But you guys look great!! ANd tell the Kathleen and Lizzy I got their letters, and thank you so much!!! I'll write them back soon :). And tell Brother Rudy thank you for his email! :)SO this week has been good. We were in a trio for basically the whole week. A sister went home (her mish was over) so her companion came and worked with us. It was pretty fun. Reminded me of the good ol' days in the MTC when I had a trio. It was pretty good. We taught a sister for the first time on Friday (a referral from a member) and she is really great. She is willing to learn and be apart of this church which is really cool. She came to church on Sunday and looked like she was just soaking it up. It was really cool. I hope and pray that she progresses, along with our other investigators. We sat with her and other LA's in church during sacrament meeting in the second row! The front is better! After we were in PEC and our bishop said, oh good thing that they sat in the front so they don't see the craziness in the back. We should have all our investigators sit in the front." I laughed so hard when he said that. But it is so true! During sacrament meeting it is a little maggulo, or crazy, so we need to fix that and make it so it is more reverant. But it was still really funny.I feel like my life is like "Groundhog day" a little bit, but of course way better! When we pray at night, sometimes it feels like I just did this, and I say to myself, "it's Groundhog Day... again"(haha). The time is really going by quickly now and the days kind of run together. But it is all good. I have been learning so much and truly coming to know our Savior more. As I know him better my desire to serve grows stronger. Thank you all for your example to me. I love and appreciate all of your emails and letters. They really mean so much to me. I hope you guys have a great week and stay safe and warm!!! I love you all so much.Love Sister Palmer
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Friday, February 1, 2013
January 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment