Hello Family!!!! First and formost, President and Siste Monahan say hi!!! I always forget to tell you that, but they are sending you a happy welcome from the Philippines. (My mission pPres and his wife). So this week has been good. Last tuesday Sister Olila went home. It was really sad, but there wasn't any time really to blubber, we just went right back to companionship study. Even through my tears we just kept on. Then Tuesday we (me and the other two sisters in our ward) working in our area, then on wednesday and thursday we worked in their area. It is always fun going to a different area. Even though they are all close, there are different things about it all which makes it a new experience always, and always fun. Friday we had transfers so I got to meet my new companion. I was really so nervous!!!!!! it was the kind of nervous where you're kind of shaky and easy to tear up. But everything worked out for the better, like always. The Lord really is part of everything! I know that this companionship, as with my other ones, is what the Lord wants for me, and us. My new companion is named Sister Alibogha. She is really great. She is from Iloilo (I think that's the right spelling). They speak Ilongo down there and only sometimes Tagalog. So we are learning together. But she still knows more Tagalog than I do, so I am happy for that! Because I am not fluent yet, so I still need a ton of help!!!!!!! But this whole training experience has been good. A little stressful, becuase now everything is on my shoulders, but it is good. I have learned how more to rely on the spirit and notice the tender mercies of the Lord in our work. The Lord is really putting people in our way that are prepared for us. The other day we had been punted a lot, or had gotten a lot of return appointments (they weren't there, or were "about" to leave). We were leaving one house and did a Preach By the Way. The sister was so receptive and let us teach her. She was so grateful for the Book of Mormon that we gave her. I hope and pray that she will progress. But I realized that even though we were punted a lot, the Lord had a purpose and a plan for us.So Saturday the other sisters in our ward had a baptism so we went to that. After the baptism service she bore her testimony. When she was up there she was telling us about when the missionaries first came to visit her. She couldn't remember their names (as in the sisters there, they had started teaching her and saw it through to her baptism). While she was on the stand she called down to them and asked them what their name was. Everybody started laughing, because she should know their names by now, but it was ok. I hope you understood the story, it is kind of confusing, but it was really funny!Things here are going well. It is still super hot but happy at the same time. I am so grateful to be serving the Lord in this great calling. I can't believe that it is already March. The time has really gone by so quickly. Next month I will be half way through, which is so crazy to me! I know that this work is the work of God! I love serving the Lord and all of the experiences here. I know that the Lord loves us and that he is in the details of everything. I love you all. Have a great week!!!!!!!!!!Sister Palmer
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Monday, March 11, 2013
March 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment