Wednesday, August 14, 2013

June 23, 2013

Hello Family, So guess what??? I am in the new Urdaneta Mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! So basically nothing has changes, except for my chances of going to Baguio, which just turning into, it won't ever happen. So I basically will just be sweating hot for the rest of my mission, but that is ok, I am so happy to stay here. I don't think it really matters where we go, as long as we serve we will grow to love the people no matter what. I think they are all getting ready for the temple, which is going to happen soon. We are all pretty excited!! Well I got a new companion. Her name is Sister Augustin. She is from Orem and she is an african american. Things are going well with us. I think I am just used to having filipina companions, with all of these foriegners, I have had to adjust a lot to them. But it's ok, becuase then I realize that I am a foriegner too..... haha. 

But anyways, things are good here. I am still in Manaoag. It is pretty fun here. It is now rainy season!!!!! Which means it's a little cooler. But some days are still super hot! But it just rains a ton!! So that is fun! At least we have umbrella's haha. And my enter button isn't working, so this will just be one big long block. But anyways, things are going well here. I don't feel like I have any super awesome stories this week. But I have been amazed how I can never stop learning about this church and about how to teach people. I think it is a never ending process. he people here are really  just so great. They do so much even though they have so little. One thing I realized this week is I know why frogs ar my favorite animal. It's because they are delicious!!! Haha. Yes that is right, I at palaka, or frog. It was super yummy. I like it way better than dog and goat. But Anyways, I have really seen how the atonement can change a person. You can tell when somebody comes to church because they have to, and whent they want to to renew their covenants with God. I love this work so much. I love these people here so much. I am so glad taht i was sent here to the Philippines. These people here have such a special place in my heart. I know that this church is true. This is Jesus' church here on this earth. Keep being strong family. Love you all and have a great week!! 

Love Sister Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment