Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013

HELLO FAMILY!!!! I hope that you are all still there at the house! I just needed to hurry and write president. But first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA!!! Sorry I am the worst with birthdays. But I hope you guys had fun at Lagoon. And YAY! Kristin graduated! SHe is the best. And so are all of you! Also I am glad that you guys stayed safe from the fire. That is so scary!!!!!!!! But I am glad that you are safe! 

SO this week has been really good. Even with the storm. We were fine. It just rained really hard forever and the winds were really strong. But it's all good. Carry pa rin. Even though we didn't have a p-day last week we were still able to buy our groceries on tuesday, whcih is good. It was hot for a couple days and now it is just raining again. We are in Mangaldan because we had zone studies this morning and it is flooded here.... But that's ok. It's just fun walking in the rain. But I think my feet have been pruney for a good two or three days now.... But it's all good. 

So yesterday one of our envestigators got interviewed for his baptism this week. And he passed. I was so ticked at the elder though for a second. So Bro Peter came out and he had a smile on his face. But he is a little shy so he just headed for the door and was like I'm going home now sisters because I am hungry. So I asked him if everything was ok and he was like yea. But he was very vague. So then Elder (our DL) was like sisters come in here. We went into this room and he was like so how is bro when you are teaching hima nd stuff. I said that he is always really great and everything. Then we was like there is something that you don't know about him. ANd my heart sunk! This had been the second time that we had moved his date and I was like what the heck don't we know. Then we was like nabagsak si brother. which means basically like he failed. My heart sunk. I was like what they heck!!! Then elder was like "mabagsak siya sa tubig sa saturday" which means like he is going to fall in water on saturday. I was like so ticked! But it was supper funny! So long story short, PETER IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! 

Also we had these two investigators come to church yesterday. It was their first time coming. We have taught them a few times and brother loves the BOM. They are a couple. SIster like didn't want to read because she was too busy she said. Yesterday before church is was rainign really hard. And then during church it was raining too. The rain here is like somebody is spraying a fire house, that's how thick it is. Then after sunday school one of the members came up to us and told us that they were here. I didn't believe it. But sure enough they were outside wiping their feet off to come it to church. Later that night we went and visited them. Brother and Sister both said that they want to stay in the church. They said that is was true and this is where they want to be. And even Sister had read the BOM. She didn't just read it to say she read it, but she could tell us everything that she had read. That is excatly how brother is too. It basically was such a cool experience! We are so happy and excited for them! It just makes my heart swell when people have enough faith to act and then when they receive an answer they act on that. 

So basically I feel like this week was full of miracles and great things. It really was such a good week. Sometimes it's a little discouraging out here, but then you have a week like this and you just can't help but smile. I know that this church is true. Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. We listened to something as a zone earlier today. Elder Holland said that as missionaries we are standing shoulder and shoulder with Jesus Christ. I know that is true because we are representatives of Jesus Christ as our Savior. The Book of Mormon truly is the word of God. There is so much that we can learn from there. I love you all and hope that you are well and happy. Good luck with starting school Owen! It's going to be great!! I love you all!!!!!! Be safe! God be with you!

Sister Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment