Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December 16, 2012


Hello Family!!!!!!!!!! Wow so the beginning of my third transfer, and guess what?? I got transferred!!!!! Yes I did cry because I was really sad. I am missing the members of Carmen a lot and especially Sister Sandoy. There were tears shed for sure. But like with everything there needs to be change, that what keeps things exciting and the work progressing. So, I'm sure you are all excited to know where I am now. I am serving in Urdaneta 2 ward. I am very close to the mission home. It is actually where we have church. My new companion is Sister Olila. She is really great. She is super cheerful, which is good because I was sad to leave Sister Sandoy, but it was good to have a cheerful face to be with now. Also, we are opening an area. This is my second time opening an area so you would think I would be pro at it, but I am not. It is really hard. THere are already missionaries in our ward so together with the ward mission leader we split our boundaries and made our area. It is kind of big which means our travel is going to be expensive so I'll have to budget. But it is going to be great. We have a lot of work ahead of us, but I am excited. It is going to be good, but challenging, like everything in life is. We are in kind of a big city. Well urdaneta is big, and some places in our area is busy. I told myself last transfer that I don't want to be in a big city but I guess that there is something that I can learn from being here. Our apartment, or should I say mansion is beautiful!!!!!!! As in, like soooooo beautiful. It kind of reminds me of the La Verkin house. It definitely is an American house because the missionaries that lived there before us were the couple missionaries, and they get spoiled. ANd now we are getting spoiled. We even have hot water in our shower!! But I don't use it a lot because I don't want our bill to be way crazy. But it seriously is sooooo beautiful. Next time I'll have pictures for you. It is a big change from my old apartment. 

Our area is good. We are just trying to get familiar with it right now. I remember last time when Sister Sandoy and I went around meeting the members I had no idea, as in NO IDEA what was going on. Now though it is a little better. I can understand a little what is going on and I am not completely lost in the area.... Completely being the key word. Still names are so hard for me. execially the names of the areas. For example, Mabanogbog, Camantiles, Isla Pammaludpod, San Vicent (that's the easy one), and Nancamilirian East ( I think that's the spelling, that's where we live). So I am just trying to get a hang of all of it. It is cool to meet knew people and everything. It is just another testament that God isn't changing. The church is the same everywhere. And it is our job to help build the kingdom. I was thinking since I let Sister Sandoy, who knows how many more times I will see her. But I was thinking that in the after life, all the people we met are going to be there. And I feel like Sister Sandoy and all the other missionaries, and members of the church are going to be missionaries on the other side too. So it isn't over after this. We just need to be faithful and always have an eternal perspective. 

Last night we went caroling to different member and gave them some rice and milo, which is like a chocolate drink and some canned foods. It was really cool. We also met some less actives which was good too. It was a good night. We had some sisters work with us. I don't know if they are really sisters, but they reminded me of the Fenton's. They were so funny and had the same manerisms as the fentons. They are pretty great. One of them is going to P-day with us today. So that'll be fun. 

Oh and thank you Dad for the package!!! I was so excited to get peanut butter. It is kind of expensive here so I haven't bought it yet, so I was so excited when I got it!! Because as we all know, I love peanut butter! And thank you for the Christmas presents. I haven't opened them yet, which is killing me. But I am waiting for Christmas so I have something to do on Christmas eve because we have to be in our apartment at 6 pm so I'll have maraming horas to open them. 

Well thank you so much for the prayers and everything you do for me. I love you all so much. I miss you a ton but know that time is going be so fast. Next month I have a year left. It feels like I just started my mission, which I did. But I feel it'll be over before I know it. So anyways, I am so excited to be spending Christmas here and be serving the Lord. This is the true work and through the gospel is the only, the only way we can be happy. I know this church is true. I have seen the help of the Lord in all things. All we need to do is ask and show our faith in him. Even though it is still difficult for me to speak Tagalog, I have seen how I have improved. Especially now, sometimes it's hard to think it english like how I want to say things. So sorry if somethings are kind of weird. Anyways. I love you all soo much! I am so excited for next week. Have a great week, and I can't wait to talk to all of yuo. You really are the best. I love you so much and I am grateful that you are supportive of me and the missionaires that are assigned to you. Have a great week. Love love love!!!!!!!!! 

Sister Palmer 

No comments:

Post a Comment