Merry Christmas Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow I can't believe it is already Christmas. It doesn't really feel like Christmas to me because there is no snow and it is a million degrees. But there are Christmas lights and I feel our Saviors love so much, so I know that it is Christmas time :). I was so fortunate to be able to talk to the parents and Marshal, Sacha and the boys this morning. You all sound so great! Man I miss hearing your voices. I know you guys are doing well and being watched over which gives me great comfort. I love you all so much and miss you a ton too. Tell the family hi for me and let them know I'm thinking of them and always praying for you guys. I hope you all have a very very Merry Christmas and remember our Savior through out this season and year round.
Oh I keep forgetting to tell you this, but President Monahan says hi and gives you his regards. He is my Mission president. ANd he said that he is grateful that your daughter is in his mission. I feel weird saying that to you, but he asked me to.... so there is is. Well anyways he is great. And it Feb I'll ask him, or maybe March to see if you're still Stake Pres dad and see if you guys can come pick me up. I know we still have a while, but something to plan for. And mom they have peanut butter here. It is a little expensive. But one member in my last area would feed us peanut butter and bread and man is it delicious!!!!! It is kind of sweet and super yummy!!!
Ok, can you tell Grandma thank you for her letter! And Lizzy too. I feel bad because I haven't written Lizzy since I got here. We just don't have a lot of time. And the past four or five P-Days we have had activities so there has really been no time. So I am sorry. I will try and be better. I have a lot of hours tonight so I'll try and write a few letters to you guys. Oh and also, that Christmas card is so pretty!!!! You guys did well this year! I love that pic of Joe and I! Everybody always asks if that's my boyfriend...... hahaha no just best friend/brother.
So my new companion is great. Her name is Sister Olila. I probably already told you that. She is from Cebu. She is going home in March, so she only has two more transfers left. I'll probably be her last companion. She said something funny the other day. She thought since I was tall I didn't pee as much and everytime I went to the bathroom I would poo because I was so tall. I don't know how she came to that conclusion, but I was trying not to laugh sooooo hard. But I laughed hard because it was so funny.
Our area is good. We have been working hard trying to meet new investigators and less actives. The other day we met a less active couple and they weren't very nice, but they listened to us still. Yesterday we went back to share with them and this time Brother was so nice to us. He was even smiling and everything. It was really cool. Hopefully they return to church. In Carmen there were poor people, but for the most part everybody was around the same. Here though there are really poor people. As in, like really poor. It breaks my heart. I know that they are children of God and that through the gospel they will be blessed, if they would just accept it.
Last Friday we had our ward Christmas party. The song Opagangnam Style was a popular hit there. There was this row of old ladies and they were all just staring at the kids dancing and I was trying not to laugh because it was so funny. They were probably thinking, what has happened to kids these days. Then, they asked all the old people to come up and dance. I was trying not to laugh because it was so funny. The people here are so sweet. Even though we just got moved into this ward, they have really opened their arms to us and made us feel so welcome. I am so grateful for that, because I was worried about morving wards right before Christmas, but it turns out, the church is still true, and the members here are just as awesome as my last ward. I have learned that it's better to just go with the flow instead of trying to change things to make me happy.
Well anyways, I love you all so much. I am so grateful to be blessed into such a great family that has given me this opportunity to serve. Even though we are far away from each other this season, know that I am always thinking of you and the Savior is near us. I love you all so much and miss you, but this time is short and before you know it, we'll all be ice skating arm in arm together.... well maybe not ice skating, but you get my drift. Anyways, you guys are the best. This church is true. I am so grateful and humbled to have this calling as a missionary. I didn't really understand the greatness of this calling, and I'm sure I don't fully understand it, but slowly and surely I am coming to know of the great power of our God. Christ lives, he loves us, he atoned for each and every one of us so that we can enjoy the same happiness as him one day, if we endure! I love you all. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! And sorry no pictures today, I forgot my cord... So next week for sure of all our Christmas celebrations. Love xamillion!!!!!
Sister Peanut, one second, bag of bones, Palmer
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
December 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment