Ok so I hope that the subject line was better for your guys... Can you believe that I have been out for six months?? I still feel like it's been a week or two. But then I think of everything that I have experienced, and it is crazy to think it has all fit in to six months. Anyways, how's the Palmer Fam?? How are you all doing in the freezing cold?? This week actually has been cold here too. During the day it is still pretty warm, but in the morning and at night it is really cold. I actually shiver!!!!! You may not believe it, but it's true! But I know that it is colder there, so I hope you guys are staying warm!Today we had a zone activity and it was so much fun. We had like a sacvenger hunt thing and our team won!! Booya! Tapos we watched 17 Miracles, which was a nice treat! Wow, their faith is out of control! I learned a lot from their example. So it was pretty fun!!!Last week my companion and I gave the workshop at the zone training, and I was trying to do it in Tagalog. So it was about talking to everyone, related to enduring to the end. So we were talking about how we need to open our mouths. We read Psalms 115:5 i think. But I said, ok so we all have mouths. But what I really said is we all have chests..... Everybody was laughing so hard! It was sooooo funny! Chest is dibdib, and mouth is bibi. So kind of close. But it was really funny. Somebody was like, oh yeah, that is true too. So there is the funny of the day for the language.Two weeks ago we taught this really old guy, who moves really slowly. So we set a return appointment with him and went back last week. He was all the way across this field, but when he saw us he came bucking it over to us, cane and all. it was so funny! I have never seen an old person move so fast! We taught him with his grandson, and it was a really good lesson. The grandson had a lot of questions (good questions), which was good. Hopefully the progress. Speaking of old people, there is a less active in our area that we were teaching and she is pretty funny... She is kind of loosing it. I can't count on my hands the number of times she has told us that she went to the temple in Manilla and that her old bishop used to visit her. She is pretty funny. She told us that she can't come to church because she can't breath very well, but we told her she can bring her pillow. So we stopped by her house another day and there that sweet old lady was, smoking!!!!! Sister Olila and I looked at each other with our moths wide open. So we taught her about the word of wisdom and she said that she would stop. Anyways, She is pretty funny.Last week we extended an IBD to somebody who is the cousin on the Relief Society President. She used to listen to the missionaries in 2009 but stopped. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted. She said that she was ready now. I just think of the missionaries in 2009 and they probably thought that their work was in vain, but we are just reaping the fruits of their labors. The work is one eternal round. As long as we are planting seeds and bearing our testimony of the restored gospel as often as we can, the work will more forward. It makes me think of the different people that we meet through out our lives and it may not be their time right now, but later on it will be. But sometimes there are people that are ready right now, and so we need to work to find those people.Oh President Monahan says hi (mission president). He said thank you too. Anyways, I know this church is true. I love it with all my heart. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it can really change people. Thank you all for your example to me. keep being strong and doing family history!! I love you all so much! And I pray for you everyday! Have a great week! Love love love!Sister Palmer
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
January 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment