Hello Family!! I need to think of something original for the subject line. Maybe next week I'll have something super creative. Well I can tell mom has a little bit more of free time.... I love the emails! Thank you mom :) I hope you guys are all doing well and adjusting with out the funny and great Joe!!! And I laughed when you said how cold it is... I have truly turned into a baby. It was probably 65 maybe 70 degrees yesterday because there is a storm coming, and I was freezing. Oh boy.... Good luck to you guys in 13 degrees!! I pray for you all! yesterday it was so windy and we were walking to a pretty far away house. but it was so windy it was hard to keep my eyes open because my eye lashes were being blown shut. It was pretty funny. But we made it alive, so don't worry.Saturday we watched to Area Presidency Broadcast for the Philippines. It was so great. The goal is to have every active member activate at least one person. i hope and pray that the members will do it. They said that last year it was mainly the missionaries doing all the work, but the member need to do more. They also focused a lot on tithing. I think they are waiting to build the temple here when the members start paying their tithing more diligently. Hopefully they will be more diligent to the members here will be blessed with a temple. Maybe sometime this year they will announce the groundbreaking!!!!! Hopefully! But it was really good. Another thing they are focusing on is daily family scripture study and prayer and weekly fhe. I know that if a family does this, the will be strong and no matter what problem comes there way, they will be able to over come it, because they will be feeding their testimony every day, not just three hours a week at church. Just think if we only ate food for three hours a week and that was it. I probably would have been dead a long time ago.... Or unhappy at least. but that is what our spirits are like if we don't read and pray every day. And if we do it with our family how much more the better!!!!!!!!There is a member here who is partially deaf. If you want him to hear you you have to like yell in his ear. The first time I experienced this I was trying not to laugh because it caught me by surprise. Then the second time he was sitting behind me so i didnt know it was coming.... Of course, I was surprised again and trying not to laugh. Basically there are a lot of times during the day when I am stiffling laughter. There are a lot of funny things that happen. We were teaching this lady who is about 60 years d. She is so cute. She has a little store (they are everywhere), but when somebody would come to buy she would always say, "Oh I have a visitor, and Americana and a Negarita." This happened about five times. I was laughing so hard!!! Also my comp is a Philipino..... But she kept saying it over and over again. It was so funny! Also our Bishop yesterday was speaking and he said, "pilifines" for Philippines and "fif-frofet" for fifth prophet. Hahahaha... oh grabe it was funny. but I think I'm the only one that thinks it's funny, or even notices... hahaThe other day we were teaching somebody that lives close to the river so we went and looked at it. The part of the river that they were by is like jackson. It made me miss Jackson so much! and I wanted to go swimming in the river too.Well anyways, this week has been a good one. We are now on week five in our transfer. This transfer has gone by so fast. Transfers next week. But I don't think I'll be transfered. At least I hope not. Anyways, I know this church is true. i am so grateful for our Savior and his sacrifice for us. I have seen how God can answer prayers if we have faith and are believing. God loves each one of us and is so aware of our needs. Have a great week!!! I love you all!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoSister P
Letters and news from Caitlin as she serves as missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Monday, January 14, 2013
January 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment